Tip For Watering Your Lawn
- Do not water early in season unless really dry (See test later).
- When you water, soak to a depth of at least 6 inches; provide no more until needed (5 to 7 days). Usually 1 inch or 1.5 inches over the whole surface will do the job
- Avoid frequent, shallow sprinklings. These cause roots to be largely confined to surface 2 inches, where heat and drought can damage (Exception newly planted lawns; sprinkle them every 2 to 3 days if weather dry.)
- Do not water faster than the soil can absorb water.
- Spray should be put down evenly
Lawn Care Practices June 7, 2017