Conditions of use:
Using an online Software-as-a-Service product is different (and in our opinion better!) that dealing with a traditional service company. Please take a moment to understand what you, the “Customer”, we the “Company” and our “Service Providers” are agreeing to when you use our software (our “Site”) and/or request service work to be performed. If you do not agree with all conditions explained here, please stop using this site and do not order any services from us.
Moweco is active on social media and occasionally uses pictures/video of/on customer properties for these posts. We do not disclose location or personal information outside of possibly showing a house number. In registering you are agreeing to reasonable use of photographs/video on/of your property.
- By purchasing any service from the Moweco Site, you are agreeing to abide by these Terms of Service.
- Tools provided on the Site to identify service areas act as both the means to quote your property and instruct Service Providers where to service. Please note:
- Verbal corrections to the required service areas after purchase are subject to a follow up quote. Omitted areas may not be serviced until this has been completed. You will receive a credit or refund if the new quote comes in lower.
- We cannot service property that is not owned by you except for small areas along neighbouring driveways or the like.
- Separate properties must be quoted individually.
- Regardless of who requests or purchases services, we shall abide by the wishes of the property owner.
- All services are pre-paid. Credit card is the preferred method of payment. If other payment methods are offered, they may come at a small premium to cover the manual processing of the payment.
- Service Providers do not carry cash nor accept cash for prepayment of services. Any cash given to a Service Provider will be considered a tip.
A single service is performed one time and you are under no obligation to make ongoing purchases.
- Should a single service be requested and the property is deemed to be overgrown, weed infested or requires additional labour outside of normal grass mowing service Moweco reserves the right to charge a reasonable amount for the additional service. “Normal grass” mowing would require no more than 1/3 of the plant being cut.
- A seasonal service is purchased in blocks of four (4) and are an ongoing service for the entire service season and comes with these conditions:
- You receive an automatic discount in exchange for the mutual convenience of having the Site auto-purchase the next block of services upon completion of your final service in the current block. By purchasing a seasonal service, you are preauthorising us to charge your credit card for the next block of services.
- Preauthorised payments for a current season do not carry over to the next season. We will contact you to arrange for next season’s work at some point after the conclusion of the current season.
- You may cancel at any time and receive a refund for any services that were not performed. However, cancelling prior to your first block of services being completed will constitute the services that were performed being charged at the single service price.
- You may suspend services. However, you will not use suspend features as a way to bypass premium services such as biweekly mowing or to influence your mow schedule.
- Your Service Provider will discuss your service requirements as the season ends so that no unnecessary services need be purchased.
- Providing inaccurate payment information, causing grief to service providers or using the Site for anything other than its intended purpose is grounds for the cancelation of remaining services and termination from the site.
- We use battery powered electrical equipment for most work. We rotate battery packs between being used to operate equipment and recharging. We will use your external electrical outlets for recharging. If you do not have external outlets or they are not supplying power, we may ask you to provide a power source for us to recharge. Impact to your electric bill will be under 10 cents (please see our FAQ). Inability to recharge our batteries on your property may impact how we are able to provide service.
- Your property is our workplace. We cannot perform services in an unsafe workplace including the presence of a loose dog, regardless of its size or demeaner.
- We have an “overgrown” service for grass that has not been mowed in some time. However, excessively neglected lawns may not be serviceable by our company and we reserve the right to turn down or abandon lawns deemed a “lost cause”.
- We reserve the right to stop providing services, offer new services, and add, reduce, create or remove limits to our services at any time.
- Any prepayment received for services that will not be performed will be refunded to you with the exception of when the first full block of seasonal services has not been performed (you will be charged a higher rate for the services performed). A 5% refund fee will apply to all properties where a refund is requested by the customer, or service is not able to be performed for any reason as outlined by the “Terms of Service”. “End of season” refunds done, at the end of the mowing seasoning where customers have credits remaining, will not be subject to a 5% hold back.
- There are some risks associated with having services performed on your property by 3rd parties. We are certainly not in business to disappoint customers and while the lawn maintenance is a strait forward and predictable process, unexpected or unintended situations may occur. While we will strive to make right any situation that clearly has us in the wrong, we herby disclaim so as to limit our liability to that which we feel is reasonable in our sole opinion, that Moweco isn't responsible for incidental damage or injury that might happen to you or others or to your property as a consequence of your use of the Site or having us perform services on your property.
- You agree to arbitrate any matters in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Moweco’s commitment to You
- Moweco’s goal is to have Service Providers perform a quality of work deemed good or better by an average homeowner for the services ordered. You will always be able to communicate directly with your Service Provider to discuss your individual needs, both through the Site and of course in person when at your property.
- The weather can voluntarily or involuntarily affect mowing and other service frequency or timeliness. For this reason, we do not attempt to lock your property into a set schedule. Here are our standard policies in this regard. Feel free to discuss how these policies suit your needs with your Service Provider so that we can adjust to your preferences:
- We strive to mow grass to a height of 2.5” to 3” (see our blog for why this ideal height will make your lawn healthier, thicker and gives additional benefits) and we want to mow it before it reaches 4 to 4.5”.
- We “Grasscycle” by mulching clippings back into your lawn (see our blog for benefits).
- For lawn mowing, we mow all formal lawn areas indicated during the quoting process and use a string trimmer along any edge where the mower cannot achieve a proper cut. Please note, garden areas or flower beds overgrown with grass are not considered lawn area. Grass growing amongst obstacles will receive whatever trimming can be achieved through normal trimmer operation without damaging the obstacles or the equipment.
- WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGE TO PLANTS OR PROPERTY THAT IS IN THE FORMAL LAWN AREA AND IS NOT IDENTIFIED BY A PHISICAL MARKER PLACED AT OR AROUND THE PLANT OR PROPERTY OR IF THE PLANT OR PROPERTY IS NOT AT LEAST FIVE (5) TIMES THE HEIGHT OF THE GRASS PRIOR TO MOWING.
- During periods of prolonged rain, we may encounter a backlog that delays the ideal timing of your service. We may mow your grass higher than usual during catch-up periods.
- During hot, dry periods where lawns grow slower, we may stretch out service intervals. As personal preference widely varies as to when slow growing grass should be mowed, we will err on the side of performing a service if there is even a small amount of visible growth to some or all of the yard (again, please communicate your preferences to your Service Provider).
- We will call ahead or send an alert through the Site if you indicate to us that you need to unlock a gate, bring in a dog or clean up the yard prior to a service.
- SPRING CLEAN UPS include a removal of debris from the lawn and a good manual raking to stand up grass. This allows oxygen into the root system, stimulate spring greening and growth. We do not perform mechanical raking (please see our blog for reasons why mechanical raking should be avoided).
- Due to a technical issue that could not be resolved in time for spring 2017, spring cleanups must be purchased in conjunction with a mow package (single mow or seasonal). One mowing service will be consumed when performing the spring cleanup. For this reason, we have reduced the cost of the spring cleanup additional service by an amount equal to the cost of one the mow service that will be consumed when we perform the spring clean up. We apologise for the confusion. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- We have partnerships with companies if you also require other lawn care services such as fertilization, weed control, core aeration, overseeing or control of insects.
- An area manager oversees service providers and is available any time you have questions or concerns about the quality of your service. Please contact us by phone or email.
How you can help
- Please evaluate the work completed. You will be notified through the Site when we perform a service (unless you have disabled this in your preferences). Take advantage of the Site’s ranking system. If there is something not to your liking, please contact us as soon as possible. We cannot help you if problems are reported too long after the fact.
- It's your responsibility to look after your account security and passwords. Activities that happen on your account are your responsibility.
ONCE MORE, IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE OUTLINED ABOVE, PLEASE EXIT THE SITE NOW AND DO NOT ORDER ANY SERVICES. YOUR AGREEMENT WITH US REGARDING ACCEPTANCE WITH THESE TERMS BECOMES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON COMMENCEMENT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE TO ORDER SERVICES.